Are you a talented Java developer? Are you looking for a role where you can apply your knowledge of core Java and user interface design? Then Risk Decisions may be your next venture.
We are looking to boost our development team in Oxford with a new Java Swing/JavaFX software engineer. You’ll be working on maintaining, enhancing, and redesigning an existing Java Swing desktop application to create an excellent user interface.
For the right candidate, this is an exciting chance to help steer the design and development of our Predict! risk software. It offers plenty of opportunities to enhance your skillset and take on new challenges as we realise our future growth plans.
You will bring:
- A passion for creating high quality software that is stunningly easy to use
- Desire to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team that focuses on ensuring our software delivers the capability our customers need
- Excellent technical skills – a good computer science/related degree, OR at least two years commercial development experience
Your key technical skills will include:
- Excellent knowledge of core Java
- Strong knowledge of GUI toolkits such as Swing or Java FX
- Interpreting user stories into outstanding UX design
And ideally, you’ll:
- Be familiar with Jasper Reports and Jasper Soft Studio
- Fair knowledge of Maths and Statistics
- Have some experience of unit testing (preferably with TestNG)
- Know SQL, and be familiar with MySQL, Oracle, and/or SQL Server databases
What makes us a great place to work ….
- A relaxed, informal, fun, and supportive working environment
- Free healthy breakfast and lunch, including fruit
- 25 days holiday, increasing to 30
- Pension scheme
- Access to LinkedIn Learning/Lynda.com for both professional and personal use
- Easy access from the Oxford ring road and free onsite parking
- Flexible working hours, by arrangement after successful probationary period
- Oxford, Oxfordshire (Preferred)