Risk Decisions is growing fast. Our impressive portfolio of customers across the globe use our Predict! software to help shape their future through great risk practice.
We invite you to join us on our journey! As part of the family, you’ll have opportunities to develop your career in an exciting and forward-facing company and contribute in an innovative way to Risk Decisions’ future plans.
We are looking for a talented Software Engineer to join our agile development team. You will be working on maintaining and enhancing the reporting functionality of our Predict! Software, using Java and JasperReports to create both standard and bespoke reports and dashboards. Your role will include involvement in all aspects of the software development life cycle, from design, through implementation, to quality assurance and documentation.
For the right candidate, this is a fantastic opportunity to help steer the design and development of Predict!.
You will bring:
- A good eye for design and a passion for creating excellent software focusing on quality, reliability, and usability to ensure our customers have an excellent user experience
- Desire to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team that focuses on ensuring our software delivers the capability our customers need
- Excellent technical skills – a good computer science/related degree, OR at least two years development experience in a commercial environment
Your key technical skills will include:
- Excellent knowledge of Java and the Java EE Lifecycle
- Experience with JasperReports including use of Jaspersoft Studio or iReport
- Excellent knowledge of CSS & HTML
And ideally, you’ll:
- Knowledge of SQL, and familiarity with one or more of MySQL, Oracle, or SQL Server databases
- Familiarity with JSF (including Ajax)
- Experience of unit testing and Selenium tests
- Sound understanding of best-practice product design and development
- Excellent time and resource management skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment, with a focus on team objectives and deliverables
What makes us a great place to work ….
- A relaxed, informal, fun, and supportive working environment
- Free healthy breakfast and lunch, including fruit
- 25 days holiday, increasing to 30
- Pension scheme
- Access to LinkedIn Learning/Lynda.com for both professional and personal use
- Easy access from the Oxford ring road and free onsite parking
- Flexible working hours, by arrangement after successful probationary period
- Oxford, Oxfordshire (Preferred)