Risk Decisions is growing fast! Our impressive portfolio of customers across the globe use our Predict! software to help shape their future through great risk practice.
We are expanding our global team to ensure we continue giving our customers a great experience. As they are spread across the world, we are too, making sure we can provide our products and services into their home markets, geographies and time-zones.
Our teams in Oxford, Australia and Canada work together, living and breathing our values: Stronger Together; Adventurous; Trusted; Considerate. We have built our reputation by developing great relationships with our customers based on these values – they know they can count on us.
Of course, we’re only as good as the people behind our products and services. We constantly strive to invest in our growing team so that they feel they have ‘a hand on the steering wheel’.
We invite you to join us on our journey. As part of the family, you’ll have opportunities to develop your career in an exciting and forward-facing company and contribute in an innovative way to Risk Decisions’ future plans.
Reporting to the Global Head of Customer Delivery, you’ll have a customer-centric and problem-solving mindset. You will develop patches and maintenance updates to address customer-reported issues in currently released versions of Predict!, and ensure that these are merged into the roadmap for future versions.
You will carry out installations, upgrades, and technical configuration of our flagship Predict! software, as well as trouble-shooting and finding solutions to technical support problems passed onto you by our customer support team.
Over time, you’ll become familiar with, and take ownership of, the installation package and patch processes, improving them to ensure they are streamlined and remain fit for the future, helping to ensure that our customers are always on top of the latest updates relevant to their needs.
- Software maintenance for customers on supported versions of Predict!
- Use Risk Decisions’ development tools and development processes and coding practices to create, publish and communicate appropriate interim maintenance updates or hot-fixes (patches) as stipulated by our service level agreement.
- Ensure that new code is merged, if appropriate, into the next release version of Predict!.
- Participate in development team meetings to understand how your work fits within the wider product development roadmap.
- Participate in Customer Delivery Team meetings to understand your work within the context of current operational customer-delivery needs.
- Installation and configuration of the Predict! software
- Scope, prepare, execute and document installations and technical configuration activities, thus ensuring that the customer delivery team are able to deliver effective ongoing support.
- Configure interfaces with third party systems such as user-authentication platforms, email platforms, business reporting and other data systems.
- Test and understand Predict!’s behaviour and configuration in different supported environments.
- Other ad-hoc duties related to the role, including, but not limited to
- Covering the help desk during periods of staff holiday or sick-leave.
- Out-of-hours availability (on pre-arrangement with time offered in lieu) when required for working with global customers or on out-of-hours assignments.
- Software testing, including technical documentation updates.
- Site visits to customers or other events, including potential international travel.
Skills / Attributes Required
- Excellent technical skills, with either:
- A good computer science or related degree; or
- Previous experience of working within a customer-focused software development & support role.
- Familiarity with database platforms such as MYSQL, MS SQL Server or Oracle.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and manage own workload as part of a virtual team.
- Security clearance may be required for this post (arranged by Risk Decisions).
What makes us a great place to work ….
- A relaxed, informal, fun, and supportive working environment
- Free healthy breakfast and lunch, including fruit
- 25 days holiday
- Pension scheme
- Access to LinkedIn Learning/Lynda.com for both professional and personal use
- Easy access from the Oxford ring road and free onsite parking
- Flexible working hours, by arrangement after successful probationary period
- Full-time, Permanent
- Oxford, Oxfordshire (Preferred)
- Please email your CV to Lisa on email@example.com