With over 30 years of experience, we are able to provide sound risk advice to organisations around the world. Our consulting services will help make the most of your risk information to improve your business performance.
Positive vision and strategy
Risk visions for your organisation
Enlightened leaders treat risk as a welcome guest to help them shape the future of their business, not as an unwanted intruder.
In this 2-hour masterclass, we help your leadership team change the way they think about and react to risk – we call it being ‘risk-intelligent’.
Learn how to:
- Equip your organisation to stay ahead in a fast-changing world
- Start transforming your organisation to take advantage of uncertainty and opportunity
- Encourage a positive approach of informed risk-taking
- Agree what risk is important to manage and, more importantly, which types of opportunities the organisation is seeking
- A powerful, unified and ambitious vision for exploiting risk in your organisation
- A clear plan for turning risk into a positive force for good
- A strategic risk approach embedded in your leadership team’s style.
Now the leadership team have set the course, you are ready to embark on the next stage – Connecting Risk!
Breaking down the silos for smarter decision making
Organisations like yours are striving to outperform in highly competitive markets. You can capitalise on the pockets of excellent risk management across your organisation to get ahead.
By joining up silos you can:
- Encourage cross-functional collaboration.
- Eliminate frustrations and missed opportunities.
- Create an environment in which your organisation can thrive.
- An agreed programme of change for each business area, leading to closer co-operation between functions/teams.
- More collaborative and transparent cross-team working to make the best of every situation, whether threat or opportunity (or both).
- Combined perspectives that bring new, more effective ways to tackle threats and capitalise on opportunities.
- More effective decision-making and clearer accountability.
We’ll help you set up a collaborative framework with a steering group to provide strong and active leadership to deliver your risk vision. This gives your managers the confidence to take a threat and opportunity-based decisions to will give you a competitive advantage.
Sustainable risk capability
Building a risk-intelligent organisation
Competitive advantage comes from your people living and breathing opportunity and risk.
This happens when teams, led from the top, work together to anticipate the future, discover new and different paths, and feel safe to explore options. Managing and exploiting the risks that stand in their way; seeking the best (not just the most obvious) ways to achieve objectives become a natural part of their working life.
We’ll help you build a team of champions who understand risk and who are empowered to improve and embed excellent risk practice across your organisation. We do this through a combination of skills transfer, training, and coaching, tailored where necessary to each part of your business for the best results.
- Risk is seen as a valuable force for good that opens new avenues for growth.
- Motivated risk professionals who understand how to make business wins via a measured approach to risk and opportunity.
- A culture of engagement in which employees take ownership of risks and work together on solutions that drive business growth.
- A dynamic risk capability that allows you to place risk in its true strategic position.
- Improved productivity and staff retention.
By boosting communication flow from backroom to boardroom, your organisation can lead with its eyes wide open, seizing opportunities wherever and whenever they arise.
Win proposals with risk analysis
Incorporating risk analysis into your proposal preparation
Using risk analysis from an early stage in preparing a bid can result in more accurate pricing and more business won. It can also improve your bid/no-bid decision-making process, making the difference between turning a profit and breaking even, or even worse, suffering financial and reputation loss.
Our risk consultants are industry experts who can join your bid team throughout bid preparation and into bid defence. Using Monte Carlo analysis, they will give you a platform for taking sound risk-based decisions.
Risk identification workshop:
The first step is to work with you to identify the potential risks that could arise by drawing on our experience, the bidding documents, and lessons from within your organisation.
We will use a risk map to facilitate a brainstorm session that identifies different sources of risk that may not be immediately apparent to members of your team, helping assess the potential for exploiting opportunities.
While assisting you to compile a well-defined risk position, our consultant will help you to determine those risks that are issues (impacting projects). We’ll also provide objective advice on what goes into the baseline and what is better managed through mitigation and contingency.
Risk analysis support:
Looking at all the elements of your bid, including uncertainty estimates, schedules, and identified risks, we will help you to determine which budgets and milestone dates are competitive, as well as giving you confidence that you do not have significant exposure to failure due to lengthy schedule or cost overruns.
During the negotiation process, our consultant can become a member of your bid team to answer questions, provide justifications for the risk submission, defend mitigation expenditure allowances, and support general contractual discussions.
You will then have greater confidence in your bid submission and defence:
- Understand and have prioritised the key risks to focus mitigation budget on, and which tasks your overall targets are sensitive to.
- Modelled different ‘what-if’ scenarios to see which cost and schedule options provide the biggest return with the lowest risk.
- Have a compelling narrative that justifies your decisions on budgets and targets.
- Built a business case for negotiating appropriate risk out of the contract.
Support and training
- Global support team ready to help with any query or problem.
- Our team have access to both risk management experts and technical experts to help answer your queries.
- A great reputation for fast and responsive support.
- Trusted relationships with all our customers, always listening and focussing on the risk outcomes you are looking for.
Training and coaching
- Trainers draw on years of experience with organisations across many sectors, world-wide.
- Learn how to make the most out of your Predict! Software to help you improve business performance.
- Trainers take time to understand your organisation and tailor their approach.
- Online and desk side coaching available, focussing on your particular needs.